Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Packrat papers, part 1

Considering that clearing out my clutter will be a project of epic proportions, I expect this will be an ongoing theme around here. I'm happy to say I have made some progress.

I figured out where to start: old shoes. Specifically, high heels. I have a lot of them, left over from the days of the aforementioned size-six business suits. While there may be some shred of hope that the suits could fit again one day, and maybe even come back in style, there is no way I can physically wear these shoes again. Ever. I wrecked my feet doing aerobics in bad athletic shoes, and heels higher than an inch or so are just not an option any more. So out they go -- along with the bad athletic shoes which, yes, are also still here.

Right behind them in the outta-here pile are five of the six identical pairs of comfy-but-worn-out sneakers I use for gardening and all the shoes my kids have outgrown. And some really dorky ones my husband bought himself. (He got loose alone in the mall once.)

I'm really getting into this. I can see carpet in the closets already.

Next up: magazines. I don't think year-old Business Weeks are really gonna do me any good, do you?


No comments: