Monday, February 7, 2005

Kickin' down the cobblestones

"I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morningtime drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you

All is groovy!"

Well, I am finally, officially unemployed. It's been two solid months of shock, depression and anguish, but I've put things in order, said the good-byes and handed in the keys. Today is the proverbial first day of the rest of my life, and so far I am loving it. 

This morning I had breakfast with my kid, poured a second cuppa, got comfy on the sofa and listened to C-Span2 Book TV  -- a whole, fascinating program, all the way through (Sam Harris, 'The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason'). Laundry is running, I've handled the Superbowl aftermath, and I'm in here playing with my Journal. Life is so good.

I want to apologize to those who posted comments here on my entries about getting laid off. I decided to remove those entries for professional reasons, and I do hope you'll forgive me and come back in to play. I'll certainly be spending more time here and stopping by to read all your wonderful entries.

And with that, I'm off to the gym. Toodles!

No comments: